Tuesday 1 November 2011

Happy Commuting

Well here we are after the first day of what is going to be a three month long commute in winter at night on my trusty Triumph Tiger. The plan is a 60 mile journey late at night which includes 25 miles of country roads and then an early morning return - just don't ask about the lady who is the person at the end of all this........

If anyone sees me around the M40/M42 (White Tiger) give us a beep.

Preliminary tips.
1. Hein Gericke Hi-viz jacket
2. Heated Grips
3. ABS brakes
4. Almost weekly ride outs with my IAM group
5. Fitted a very loud horn
6. Try not to sing when riding

Day 1. So there we are easy in the dark with the parking light which Triumph claim is a headlight down those nice wet and pitch black country roads. So much skill, so much grace and the countersteer that only someone of my skill could possibly exhibit; er so why did the front wheel give away in a rapid vibrating style movement on that bend? Did I notice it? No, but my buttocks did! So after 10 miles I decided the best thing would be to skip the country lanes and take the other route through the streetlamped urban sprawl until I hit the motorway. No problems on that but the next morning it's light so what could possibly go wrong? Well the broken branch in the road as I came back around some bends on the country lane bit helped to 'focus' my buttocks again. As for the motorway, 35 miles of centre lane sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment